60 Seconds with Canadian Armed Forces Surgeon General Brigadier-General Colin MacKay
Video / October 27, 2016
Uh oh, broke the mic.
Alright I’m Brigadier-General Colin MacKay and I’m the Surgeon General. I’m doing the sixty second challenge and I’m targeting Vice-Admiral Norman’s eight questions.
Am I on?
- What’s the most valuable piece of advice you have received?
Oh boy, that was the Deputy Commander 1 Canadian Signal Regiment who once told me that it’s okay to take the lantern from under the table and put it on top of the desk every once in a while.
- What do you do to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
Wow, I do many things. Most of it has to do with getting up off the couch, away from the television and my iPad, and getting out and being active. Cycling, walking, running, my dog loves to walk. I also really focus on making sure I get my fruits and vegetables.
- Who’s the first person you make friends with when you start a new job?
I heard that before and it’s always my admin assistant, the one who’s the most important to make sure that I’m gonna be effective at what I do.
- Tell us an interesting fun fact about you.
There is nothing fun or interesting about me and that’s just the way it is.
- And if you weren’t in the Canadian Armed Forces what would you want to do?
I think that I would really want to be… pilot for helicopters. I really wanted to do that at the start and I ended up being a doctor, can you imagine that?
Vice-Admiral Norman you win.
- Date modified: